26 September 2013

Weight loss frustration

In the start of July I saw a nutritionist for the first time. I've done my very best to follow all of her advice. I've eaten home cooked foods more, eaten more vegetables and even forced myself to remember to eat at least 4 to 5 times a day a small meal or snack. Despite this change to my diet and the increase in calories the pounds/kilos are just not dropping.

Now let me explain before there are loads of comments about not needing to increase calories to lose weight. Due to my attempts at self dieting I had cut back eating so much that I was consuming on a regular basis less than 1000 calories. This puts the body into starvation mode and thus it starts to keep all calories excess or not and turns them into fat.

I see the nutritionist again next week and I plan to ask her about this new diet I've heard a lot about, this fasting 2 days a week and eating whatever you want to on the other days. Fast days mean eating 500 calories a day for women and 600 calories for men. Jani is even considering doing this diet with me. It might be difficult but it seems to be effective from all the information I've read/watched on it.

I did have the idea to increase my caffeine intake, this has helped my energy levels and I really hope its boosting my metabolism but I'm not sure. Anyway its helping me to feel more and more like my old self, the less couch potato self I was two years ago.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to be subjected to a battery of tests because the nutritionist mentioned that if this eating 5 times a day trial didn't show any results then they were going to look for a hormonal reason for the constant increase in my weight.

I guess all I can do now is wait and hope for better results.

No comments:

Post a Comment