4 December 2013

Changes

It has been while since I've made a blog post but this morning's happenings have made me get back into it. Last week in my household we decided to start eating only healthy, low fat, low salt, non-processed foods. That means I cook everyday and my steamer has gotten more on time in the past week than it has in probably the entire year previously. The plus side of this is that we're saving money by not eating out and we're still getting to eat really yummy food. 

On a much more important note this new way of eating has had some serious weight loss benefits for my husband and for me! This makes me really happy because this is the first time in what has seemed like years that the number on the scale has finally started moving in a downward direction. 

Also I'm learning to really enjoy my rice crispies (while they last) with fat free milk, and also fat free yogurt has been really yummy too. Who knew? This diet is made even easier because in Finland there's this little red heart symbol on many products which denotes that it follows certain low fat, low salt requirements. Makes shopping similar to a scavenger hunt to try and find the heart symbol on products. 

I'm simply really excited that finally some changes in my diet and life that are actually working for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment