30 December 2013

So I've heard this song a million times before. It played a lot during my teenage years. I was listening to Love Songs on Pandora today because I'm a sap and that's what I enjoy listening to in my free time. Anyway I heard this song and suddenly it had a whole new level of meaning to it.

On the back of the loss of my father-in-law I've been thinking a lot about what my mother-in-law must be going through. This song was heart wrenching for me when I thought about what one more day with my father-in-law would be like for her.

I didn't know them for a very long time just a few years but their epic love touched me and it certainly formed my husband into the loving man he is today. Married for 41 years, almost 42. Their love and marriage has always been something I've wanted to emulate with their son. But this song... just wow.. What I would do to give my mother-in-law just one more day with her beloved husband. Or my husband another day with his father.

Sometimes the most familiar things provoke the most unexpected responses. This was one such case for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment